Serenity Solutions provides Online therapy
We are living in strange times now. In the greater Philadelphia area and most of the country, people are being quarantined and told to practice social distancing. We know people who are getting sick. All of this is anxiety-provoking, to say the least. You might feel scared, depressed, or isolated. You might be struggling to figure out how to spend your time. It might feel really difficult to stop reading the news stories.
Serenity Solutions is here to help. We are offering online therapy to residents of Pennsylvania and New Jersey during the COVID-19 pandemic. We provide video sessions using a secure, HIPAA-compliant program. We will also offer telephone sessions using our HIPAA-compliant phone system for those who do not have access to a stable internet connection.
We can help you:
- Feel calmer, especially if you are experiencing Anxiety in the form of obsessively thinking about what is going on, obsessively looking at the news, or difficulty sleeping
- Let go of Anger at how people are responding to the pandemic or anger at the people with whom you live
- Learn healthy ways to cope if you’re using Alcohol or Drugs to cope with the uncertainty of COVID-19
- Feel more connected to your baby and being able to be more present, especially if you’ve noticed that you feel isolated, scared or depressed as a New Parent
If you are ready to feel more relaxed and grounded during this uncertain time, call Serenity Solutions at 267-317-8817 or click here to schedule your free 15-minute phone consultation to take the first step toward getting the support you need.
Not sure if online therapy is right for you? Read below to learn more.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs) about online therapy:
How does online therapy work? What if I’m not internet-savvy?
Our video program is very easy to use. At the time of your appointment, just click on the link that your therapist sends you, type in your name, and your therapist will join the video session shortly thereafter. If you need to do a phone session, just let your therapist know in advance so they know to call you at the time of your appointment.
But isn’t therapy supposed to be in person? Does it work online?
Online and telephone therapy is not new. People have been using it for many years. There is research that shows that online therapy can be as effective as in-person therapy.
What if I don’t have a private place to talk in my home?
Great question. With so many people at home right now, this is a common problem. Some helpful solutions:
- Use headphones or earbuds.
- Go into your car.
- Do walk-and-talk therapy by wearing earbuds or headphones and walking through your neighborhood. This also provides you with an opportunity to get out in the fresh air, which is helpful for your mental health.
- Ask your therapist to schedule your appointment at a time when the other people in your house will be working, out for a walk, or asleep.
Other questions about online therapy? Call us at 267-317-8817. We look forward to hearing from you.