Fees and Insurance
Good Faith Estimate
- You have the right to receive a “Good Faith Estimate” explaining how much your medical care will cost
- Under the law, health care providers need to give patients who don’t have insurance or who are not using insurance an estimate of the bill for medical items and services.
- You have the right to receive a Good Faith Estimate for the total expected cost of any non-emergency items or services. This includes related costs like medical tests, prescription drugs, equipment, and hospital fees.
- Make sure your health care provider gives you a Good Faith Estimate in writing at least 1 business day before your medical service or item. You can also ask your health care provider, and any other provider you choose for a Good Faith Estimate before you schedule an item or service.
- If you receive a bill that is at least $400 more than your Good Faith Estimate, you can dispute the bill.
- Make sure to save a copy or picture of your Good Faith Estimate. For questions or more information about your right to a Good Faith Estimate, visit www.cms.gov/nosurprises or call 800-985-3059.
Serenity Solutions is an out-of-network provider. What this means is that we do not work directly with any insurance companies and we require full payment at the time of each appointment. We will provide you with a monthly invoice if you would like to apply for reimbursement from your insurance company. It is recommended that you contact your insurance company prior to your first appointment to inquire about your coverage. Recommended questions to ask your insurance company are list below.
- Do I have mental health benefits?
- Do I have out-of-network benefits for outpatient therapy? Does this include telehealth?
- Do I have a deductible that I have to meet before being eligible for reimbursement?
- How much will I be reimbursed for each appointment?
- Are there limits to how many sessions I can be reimbursed for in a calendar year?
- What steps do I need to take to apply for reimbursement?
Please be advised that there is no guarantee that your insurance company will reimburse you, but we will make every effort to help you obtain reimbursement.
Contact Serenity Solutions