Alisa Kamis-Brinda, LCSW, LCADC
You’ve been struggling for a long time and you are tired of feeling this way. You want to feel better but don’t feel hopeful that anything will help. I understand what that feels like and I can help. Stress leads to feelings of anxiety and overwhelm and sometimes, anger, too. I hear you-you’re ready for some peace and serenity. How do I know? Because I’ve been there. As a therapist in Philadelphia and South Jersey for over 16 years, I’ve helped many people learn how to cope with the stress that comes from work, relationships and parenting. And as a professional, a parent, a wife, a daughter, a sister and a friend, I’ve had to find ways to manage this stress, as well.
Hi! My name is Alisa Kamis-Brinda. I provide therapy to adults struggling with anxiety and stress management, anger management, postpartum anxiety and depression and addictions. I help you how to slow down anxious and angry thoughts so that you can be in the present moment, relax and enjoy life. In addition to compassionate listening and providing feedback, I teach proven techniques so that you can live a life that feels more meaningful. I am determined to help you learn new ways of relating to uncomfortable thoughts and feelings so that they don’t control your life.
- BA in Psychology at Binghamton University in Binghamton, NY
- Masters Degree in Social Work (MSW) from Widener University in Chester, PA
- LCSW (Licensed Clinical Social Worker) in Pennsylvania and New Jersey
- LCADC (Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor) in New Jersey
- NASW-approved Clinical Supervisor in Pennsylvania
- Postpartum Support International (PSI) professional member since 2015
- Association For Contextual Behavioral Science (ACBS) member since 2010
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW) member since 2000
- Pennsylvania Society for Clinical Social Work (PSCSW) member since 2011
- Trained as an NCADD National Intervention Network Interventionist by the Council of Southeastern Pennsylvania-2010
- Completed the ACT Founders Bootcamp with Steven Hayes, Kelly Wilson, Kirk Stroshal, Patricia Robinson, Dennis Tirch, James Herbert and Evan Forman-2014
- Completed the post-graduate training program, Fundamentals of Postpartum Depression: Assessment, Treatment & Advanced Clinical Practice with Karen Kleiman-2015
- Completed the Postpartum Support International’s Perinatal Mental Health Certificate Training-2015